Last updated on 16 December 2016.
1. Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide to us, such as when you create an account, update your profile, use the features of our Services, participate in promotions or surveys, request support, provide feedback or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include:
• Basic user information, such as your full name, email address, password, location and photograph;
• Additional user information, such as teams you join, work experience, educational history, skills and interests;
• Contact information, such as email, links to social media profiles and websites; and
• Conversations, comments and invites that you may send to your teams or to other Twimo users;
We also collect information about you from other Twimo users, such as invites to teams that you may receive from other users and any other interactions between you and other Twimo users.
2. Information We Collect Automatically From You
When you access or use our Services, we may also automatically collect information about you, including:
We collect information about your geographic location each time you access or use our Services or otherwise consent to the collection of this information. For more information, please see “Your Information Choices” below.
We collect device-specific information when you access our Services, including but not limited to your hardware model, operating system and version, and information about the device’s interaction with our Services.
We collect log information about how you access or use our Services, including your access times, browser type and language, Internet Service Provider and Internet Protocol (“IP”) address.
Information Collected by Cookies and other Tracking Technologies
We may automatically collect information using cookies, web beacons (also known as “gifs,” “pixel tags” and “tracking pixels”) and other tracking technologies to, among other things, improve our Services and your experience, monitor user activity, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and tell if an email has been opened and acted upon. For information about removing or rejecting cookies, please see “Your Information Choices” below.
3. Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example, if you create or log into your Twimo account through a third-party service, we will have access to certain information from that site, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such third-party service.
4. Use of Information
• Provide, operate and improve our Services;
• Protect the safety of Twimo users and verify users’ identities;
• Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
• Respond to your feedback and provide support and customer service;
• Communicate with you about products and services, and provide other news and information about Twimo;
• Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
• Personalize the Services, which may include providing content or features that match user profiles or interests; and
• Link or combine with other information we get from third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with better service.
5. Sharing of Information
• With third party vendors, consultants, business partners and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out their work for us;
• With third-party payment processors to fulfill your requests for paid services on Twimo. We do not retain any credit card information on our servers;
• In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company;
• To assess our compliance with industry standards; and
• Any other information, if we notify you through our Services that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
We may share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you, publicly or with our partners.
6. Links to Other Sites
7. Securing Your Information
We will take reasonable measures to help protect Twimo and you from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction of information we hold. We will not be responsible for any unauthorized use by any third party, including without limitation, hacking, phishing, etc.
8. Your Information Choices
Joining or Leaving Teams
On Twimo, you choose to join teams. Please join only those teams to which you truly belong.
When you join a team, your profile information, such as your full name, photograph, teams you have joined, work experience, educational history, skills and interests, is visible only to verified users in your team. Un-verified users on your teams will only see your name and photograph, if and only if you choose to communicate with them. Your information is not visible to users outside your teams at any time.
You may leave a team at any time. When you leave a team, we will archive all your conversations sent to the team. Users on the team, unless they are verified users of some other team of which you are also a user, will not be able to view your photograph or profile information, except your name as part of archived conversations or invites you may have sent to others.
You may update or correct information about you, or delete your account, at any time from your profile or account settings.
When you delete your account, we will archive all your conversations sent to your teams. Your profile information, except your name and email address, will be deleted from the Services. Users on your teams will not be able to view your photograph or profile information, except your name as part of archived conversations or invites you may have sent to others.
Please note that even after you delete your account, we may retain certain information as required by law and/or for legitimate business purposes and/or to track invitations you have sent other users in your teams. We will remove all other profile information belonging to you from our Services but may not be able to remove residual copies in cases where doing so requires disproportionate effort or is extremely impractical, such as deleting information from backups or archives.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies; however, our Services may not function properly if you do so.
Emails and Notifications
We will send you notifications of conversations or invitations you receive from Twimo or other users on Twimo. You may opt out of receiving emails from Twimo by changing settings in your Settings page. However Twimo will retain the right to contact you by email for matters of importance including but not limited to your account or your use of Services.
When you invite others to your teams, we will send invitations to such recipients only once. We will not send reminders, sell this information to a third party, or spam these recipients in any other way. We will store the emails of such recipients whom you have invited only to: (a) maintain and update statistics when such a recipient accepts your invite and attribute the same to you; and (b) display team invitations when such a recipient registers to use the Services.
9. Compliance with Applicable Laws
Twimo complies with the Indian Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Data or Information) Rules 2011, as amended from time to time, including our collection, handling, use, storage and transfer of Sensitive Personal Data or Information, wherever applicable. We are committed to addressing your concerns regarding our collection and handling of your Sensitive Personal Data or Information. You may write to our Grievance Officer here with your concerns.
10. Contact Us